July 4 to August 10
(No instruction on July 23, 30 & Aug. 6)
- Fast Track Gr 10-12 students with Tues/Thurs classes:
- Your first class is Thurs July 5th*
- 2nd class: Mon. July 9th
- 3rd class: Tues July 10th
- 4th class: Thurs July 12th
- All remaining classes will follow the regular Tues/Thurs schedule.
- *No class on Tues July 3rd because this is the mandatory teacher prep day, students do not attend
- Fast Track Gr 10-12 students with Wed/Fri classes: Your first class will be Wed. July 4 and you will follow a regular Wed/Fri schedule throughout the course.
Tues/Thurs or Wed/Fri
8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Adult students (Age 19 +) are eligible to register for Fast Track courses. Fast Track courses are tuition free to all students who are BC residents.
Before registering for a course, all students must have an approved account.
New registrant? Please be ready to fill in your PEN (Personal Education Number). If you don't have this, please contact your school's main office.
Returning registrant? Please be ready to fill in your last name, first name, date of birth and account password.
Please make course selections carefully when registering. There are transfer fees associated with course changes. See Fees and Refunds/Withdrawals
|Courses still available:|
|Tue/ Thu (8:30 AM – 11:30 AM)||Tue/ Thu (12:00PM – 3:00 PM)|
|Chemistry 11 Fast Track||English 10 Fast Track - New Curriculum|
|Math 10 Foundations & Pre-Calculus Fast Track||Math 11 Pre-Calculus Fast Track|
| ||Career-Life Education 10 Fast Track|
|Wed/ Fri (8:30 AM – 11:30 AM)||Wed / Fri (12:00PM – 3:00 PM)|
|Fitness & Conditioning 11/12 Fast Track||Physical Education 10 Fast Track|
| ||Biology 12 Fast Track|
*Classes may be combined, cancelled or moved where necessary.
On days when students are not in class they can access materials online and work independently or in groups on course materials.
Fast Track courses follow a blended learning model: two weekly face-to--face sessions and three days of online work.
When not in class, teachers will be available for both online and face-to-face tutorial support.
Face-to-face classroom methods are combined with computer-mediated activities.
· Students attend school twice a week for 3 hours for an enriched classroom experience.
· Either T/Th or W/F
· 3 hour sessions (8:30—11:30 a.m. & 12:00-3:00 p.m.)
Online (3 days):
• On days when students are not in class they access materials online and work, independently or in groups, on course materials. (Student will not be required to participate in an online synchronous class as in previous years).
Note: This program is best suited for students wishing to complete the selected course within a 6-week timeline.
PROVINCIAL EXAM SCHEDULE
Grade 10 and 11 courses no longer have provincial exams.
Note: The Numeracy Assessment will not be offered in summer.
Students in English 12 or Communications 12 will write provincial exams:
English 12: Thursday August 2. 9am - 12pm at Gleneagle Secondary & Centennial Secondary. Students should arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 to check in.
Communication 12: Friday August 3. 9am - 12pm at Gleneagle Secondary. Students should arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 to check in.
Please note: These exam dates are set by the Ministry of Education. Students in English 12 and Communications 12 will resume their coursework the day after their provincial exam. They will be expected to complete final assignments/exams for their course and fully attend classes the following week.
Students who have an IEP from their home school that provides provincial exam "accreditation" accommodations must present a copy of their IEP to their teacher the first week of classes.
Mid-term Reports: July 18
Final Reports: August 10
Up to June 30th:
1432 Brunette Ave., Coq.
June 30th - Aug. 10:
1195 Lansdowne Drive, Coq.
Aug. 10- Aug 21:
380 Montgomery Street, Coquitlam
After Aug 21:
1432 Brunette Ave., Coq.