Environmental Action and Sustainability SD43
School District officials will ensure understanding and involvement of all students and employees of the environmental initiatives leading to sustainable behavior change. The District will become carbon neutral by the end of 2010 and make significant reductions to energy consumption by the end of 2012. (draft)
- Educate students and staff on energy consumption, and our carbon footprint; the Moral Imperative (Improve Student Achievement through Ecological Literacy)
- Engage staff and students in Climate Action programs of change ie. reduce environmental impact, minimize waste, reduce energy consumption, paper
- Support Facilities management of energy saving upgrades and maintenance
- Promote innovation in design in the implementation of sustainable facilities planning
- Develop well represented Climate Action Design Team that works closely with the Executive Level "Green Team"
Links Facilities Ministry BCHydro Intranet